The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT中国国际贸易促进委员会)
The CCPIT promotes China's international economic and commercial interests. This is accomplished by developing business cooperation and exchanges with foreign countries. The CCPIT produces economic data, creates diplomatic ties and is also active with trade arbitration issues.
Chairman of CCPIT: Wan Jifei
Vice Chairmans: Zhang Wei, Yu Ping, Dong Songgen, Wang Jinzhen
Secretary General: Wang Jinzhen
Deputy Secretary General: Xu Hubin
Departments of CCPIT Headquarters:
Sub-Council and Membership Affairs Department
International Relations Department
Exhibition Department (Exhibition Administration Office)
Economic Information Department
Personnel Department (Foreign Affairs Office)
Financial Affairs Department
Communist Party Committee
Office for Retired Personnel
Asset Management Centre
Media and Press Centre
Legal Affairs Department
Secretariat toChinaInternational Economic & Trade Arbitration Commission
Patent and Trademark Law Office
ChinaInternational Economic & Trade Arbitration Commission
ChinaMaritime Arbitration Commission
ChinaMaritime Law Association
ChinaAcademyof Arbitration Law
Secretariat to ICC China
Secretariat, LESChina(Licensing Executives SocietyChina)
Secretariat of the Chinese National Group of AIPPI (the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
"The CCPIT's mission, is to provide a professional and social environment for business people who wish to be introduced to, and become a part of, the Sino-international business and culture community. By providing relevant business networking opportunities and encouraging dialogue between members, we seek to create a community of peers where actively participating individuals - enabled by the CCPIT - are inspired and supported by the larger community."
The Chamber’s services have three main functions:
- To create a forum for social and professional networking for CCPIT members. Members regard this function as an excellent opportunity to increase their client base and share experiences among fellow members.
- To act as a channel between members and the Chinese authorities on particular topics of special interest to the members.
- To participate in the debate regarding trade and policy issues, which are of concern to CCPIT members. Most activities focus on members' meetings and Chamber seminars either in the form of evening presentations or business lunches.
CCPIT has 16 Commercial Promotion offices outsideChina, in different Western, Arabic and Latin American countries. The latest office was established inCosta Rica,Central Americain 2008.
CCPIT/CCOIC Representative Office in Canada
Established in 1989, CCPIT and CCOIC Representative Office in Canada is to promote trade, investment, economic and technological cooperation between China and Canada, and to enhance mutual understanding and friendship between Chinese and Canadian people particularly from the economic and trade circles, according to laws and regulations and government policies of the P.R.C., and in line with international practice.
It is one of the 16 overseas representative offices of CCPIT around the world. We provide main services as follows:
- To provide business communities both inChinaandCanadawith trade and economic information.
- To provide consulting service in the field of market profile, exhibition, trade mission, trademark and patent, economic and legal affairs and other related sectors.
- To receive the visiting delegations or missions fromChinaand organize seminars, symposium, meetings and other related events.
- To assist Chinese and Canadian companies in seeking cooperation on joint ventures, partnerships, technology exchanges, etc.
- To coordinate and arrange individual business meeting for Chinese and Canadian companies sharing common business interests.